- Skill level: Intermediate
- Dates: Saturday, 18 Jun, 2:00 – 5:00 pm (1 sessions, 3 hours)
- Instructor: Trish Denhoed
- Cost: $41 + HST + materials
Have you ever felt vertically challenged? Let’s meet the challenge together and find an easy way up. Instructor Trish Denhoed learned the technique directly from Lorilee Beltman, the designer who developed this easy way to carry yarn when making vertical lines in coloured knitting. No more bobbins or tangled yarn! We will start knitting a sock in class.
This is a technique class and we will not be covering knitting a whole sock. This sock pattern is easily changed into wrist warmers or just a sample if you do not want socks.
Be sure to give your email contact information when paying for this class and we will send you a code for a half price discount on Lorilee’s patterns.
- Carrying several lines of colour vertically without tangles and without horizontal stranding
This class is ideal for advanced confident beginners interested in learning new techniques, or intermediate knitters who would like practice in combining techniques for great results. You should be able to:
- Knit in the round
- Work from a chart
Previous colour work is an asset, but not required.
Please bring the following with you to class:
- Lorilee Beltman’s pattern Meander (available on Ravelry using discount)
- Sock yarn to match the pattern
- Contrasting coloured yarn for the inserts (can be variegated, does not need to be exactly the same yarn, but should be the same weight)
- Appropriate needles for the yarn. It may be easiest to do this work on 2 circular needles or Magic Loop, so that the stitch pattern can sit on only one needle.
Try to cast on the stitches before class.