- Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
- Dates: Saturday, 19 Nov, 1:30 – 3:30 pm (1 session, 2 hours)
- Instructor: Jane Bridgeman
- Cost: $29 + HST + materials
In this project oriented workshop, students will use yarns from their ‘stash’ to create a 15 x 20” table runner- a great gift or home decor accessory. A variety of rugs hooked with yarn will be available to view as inspiration. In this 2 hour workshop, it is expected students will make a significant start on their project in class, and leave class fully prepared to complete the project at home.
- Colour planning
- Finishing techniques
This class is suitable for anyone with basic experience of traditional rug hooking. Students should have previously taken the Introduction to Traditional Rug Hooking class, or have equivalent experience.
Illustrated pattern on linen backing will be available to purchase (materials fee of $20 payable to instructor).
Hoops & hooks will be available for loan in class, but students will need their own hook & hoop in order to finish the project at home.
Students should bring about 10 different colours of medium weight (worsted or aran) yarn from their stash:
- A favourite background colour – either light (ivory, pastel, off-white), or dark (navy, aubergine, deep brown or antique black). Avoid using a mid-value colour for the background.
- Three analogous greens (or blues, turquoises, purples) for leaves and border.
- Three analogous colours for flowers (eg pinks, purples, oranges, reds, blues, or yellows).
- A compliment to your flower colour, for accent.
- Any other yarn.
There are no rules! Leaves and flowers can be any colour, but try to pick colours that you think work together, and that show well against the background colour.
If unsure, bring as many leaf & flower colours as you can, and Jane will help you pick a good combination.
There is no homework required to prepare for this class.