- Skill level: Easy
- Date: Saturday, 4 Jun, 2:00 – 5:00 pm (1 session, 3 hours)
- Instructor: Michelle Porter
- Cost: $41 + HST
This is the ultimate class for stash-busting creativity! Enjoy creative experimentation with a variety of yarn textures and colours, combining them to create a new fabric. Explore random stripes, doubling up yarns (and sometimes a bit of planning) with all your odd balls and leftovers.
We will swatch to get ideas and then discuss some easy garment construction to utilizing these techniques.
- Swatching for fun and inspiration
- Combining yarns and textures
- Random striping
- Planned striping
- Zig zag patterns
This is a swatching class. Student input and participation is encouraged!
This class is intended for all levels of knitters, assuming familiarity with the following basic knitting skills:
- Knit and purl stitches
- Increases (yarnover, make 1, and knit front and back)
- Decreases (knit 2 together, slip-knit-pass or slip-slip-knit, and double decrease)
- Cast on and cast off
Please bring the following with you to class:
- A variety of needle sizes, (mostly larger)
- A bag of different yarns – part balls, single balls, different weight and colours (or a colour theme)
There is no homework required for this workshop.