- Skill level: Complete Beginner
- Dates: Saturdays, 29 Oct – 12 Nov, 10:30am – 1:30pm (3 sessions, 9 hours total)
- Instructor: Sherri Bondy
- Cost: $113 + HST + materials
Crochet is hot! In this comprehensive course, you will learn all of the foundation stitches as we work together on “make and take” sampler squares which you can then assemble into a baby afghan or a scarf. You will learn how to read patterns that use the stitches you will learn in class.
You will learn about:
- various ways to hold the hook
- chain stitch
- single crochet
- half double crochet
- double crochet
- triple crochet
- how to use a stitch dictionary
- North American vs English terminology
None, but please advise the store if you are left handed so custom materials can be prepared for you.
Please bring the following with you to class:
- 500g light coloured smooth textured worsted weight yarn.
- crochet hook appropriate for yarn weight (because gauge is personal, suggested size is between 4.5-5.5mm)
- darning needle
- pen/pencil & paper
- measuring tape
There is no homework required to prepare for the first class. A moderate amount of homework will be assigned at each class to prepare you for the next session.