- Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
- Date: Thursday, 11 Jun, 6:30-8:30pm (1 session, 2 hours)
- Instructor: Trish Denhoed
- Cost: $25 + HST
Learn the technique of knitting the linen stitch, a fabric that lies flat and behaves very nicely for scarves, placemats, coasters and other home decor. We will work in one colour, two colours and three colours. In this class you will learn the stitch technique and receive assistance to plan a scarf or other simple project (eg placemat, table runner, washcloth).
- knitted linen stitch in one and multiple colours
- using yarn ends to make a fringed edge
- handling yarn ends on a smooth edge
Students must know how to knit and purl, working flat on a circular needle.
There is no homework required to prepare for this class.
Bring the following materials to class:
- 2 or 3 different yarns of the same weight. These can be leftovers from your stash and need not be full balls. We will just be practicing in class.
- needles to match the yarn (bring circular if you have them since this will offer another method of knitting this stitch)