- Skill level: Intermediate
- Date: Saturday, 14/Mar, 1:00-4:00pm (1 session, 3 hours)
- Instructor: Trish Denhoed
- Cost: $35 + HST
Most people hate finishing knitting projects. Instructor Trish Denhoed actually enjoys it! So come learn a few easy steps to make your garments look more professional.
Topics to be covered in class include:
- Picking up dropped stitches
- Correcting uneven stitches
- Picking up stitches along side edges
- Picking up stitches around neck and horizontal stitches
- Weaving in ends
- Invisible seams (shown in the photo)
- Using a light coloured worsted weight wool yarn (approximately 20-22 stitches = 4”), cast on 25 stitches and knit in stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row) for at least 20 rows. DO NOT CAST OFF! Leave stitches on the needle or on a stitch holder.
- Create one more piece identical to this.
- Create one more identical piece with stitches cast off.
Bring the following materials to class:
- 3 swatches as above (homework)
- Knitting needles used to make samples, and one size larger if you have them
- tapestry needle (rounded point darning needle)
- Scissors and any other knitting tools you have
- A crochet hook the size of your needles or slightly smaller
- A bit more yarn the same as swatches, and in another colour.